The detailed PDF verison of my CV can be found here - Curriculum Vitae.
I seek to solve theoretical machine learning problems using ideas from optimization, high dimensional probability theory and statistics.
- Major Interests - Machine Learning, Large Scale Optimization, High dimensional probability
- Others - Random Matrix theory, Learning Theory, Applied mathematics
- Support Recovery for Orthogonal Matching Pursuit: Upper and Lower bounds - Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2018 [paper]
- Clustered Monotone Transforms for Rating Factorization - Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), 2019 [paper] [arXiv]
- A case study of empirical Bayes in a user-movie recommendation system - Communications in Statistics: Case Studies, Data Analysis and Applications Vol. 3, 2017 - Issue 1-2 [paper] [arXiv]
- B.Tech. in Mathematics and Computing, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, 2017.
CGPA 9.10/10 (9.30/10 in major courses).
- July 2017 - Present: Research Fellow
- Summer 2016: Research Intern
- Microsoft Research Lab - India
- Supervisor: Dr. Sreangsu Acharyya
- Project: Clustered Monotone Transforms for Rating Factorization
- Summer 2015: Summer Research Intern
- Sparse Regression and Support Recovery bounds for Orthogonal Matching Pursuit - Microsoft Research Lab - India
- Clustered Monotone Transforms for Rating Factorization - Microsoft Research Lab - India
- A case study of Empirical Bayes in Recommendation system - Department of Mathematics
- Some Approaches of Building Recommendation Systems - Department of Mathematics
- Modelling Economic Policy Uncertainty Index using Text Classification - Centre of Advanced Financial Research And Learning (CAFRAL)
- Mini Search Engine - Department of Mathematics